skip to primary navigationskip to content
 

9 March 2006

MEETING OF THE BOARD OF SCRUTINY

DRAFT MINUTES

Thursday, 9 March 2006 at 12.00pm

New SCR, Selwyn College

Present: Dr Nick Holmes (Chair); Miss Emma Easterbrook (Support Officer); Mr Richard Stibbs; Mr David Yates; Dr Catherine Pitt; Mr Nick Downer, Dr Nick Pyper, and Dr John Little.

1.
Apologies for Absence
Dr Margaret Glendenning
2.
Minutes of meeting on 23 February 2006
Approved with minor amendments.
3.
Meeting with Stephen Jolly (off the record)
4.
Matters arising
Press Office:
Issue raised of need for easily accessible and informative Press Office web-site similar to a corporate web-site
Issue raised of need for greater control and liaison between University and Press Office when making press releases about policy
Tony Minson: Received preliminary replies, Chair to ask for relevant documents
Delegation of the Board: Meeting Melveena McKendrick on 27 March
Schools plans and non-school institution plans: Volunteer(s) needed to assist with reading of documents
Future meetings: 27 April - Vice-Chancellor, Alison Richard; 11 May - work on Report; 25 May - Ian Leslie; Chair to circulate list of proposed future meetings
5.
Any other business
Bad debt provision: Acting Director of Research Services Divison will send further information
Botanical Gardens: Problems regarding volunteers and Health & Saftety, management of employees in sensitive manner to be investigated
Combination room: John Doherty is concerned about the future of the Combination room
Cambridge Enterprise
6.
Next meeting
Thursday, 27 April 2006 at 12.00pm
Guest: Vice-Chancellor, Professor Alison Richard

Emma Easterbrook

Support Officer

22 March 2006